Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has criticised the Federal Government over the rising wave of insecurity in the country, following the abduction of schoolchildren and teachers in Ogbomoso and the recent killings in Katsina State.
In a statement released on Monday, Atiku accused President Bola Ahmed Tinubu of repeatedly reacting to attacks only after lives had been lost, instead of taking proactive steps to prevent them. He said Nigerians have become used to official statements condemning violence and promising that perpetrators would face the “full wrath of the law,” yet communities continue to suffer deadly attacks.
The former vice president described the latest incidents as evidence of a worsening security crisis and a breakdown of state authority. According to him, criminals now attack schools, abduct students and teachers, kill innocent residents and force families out of their communities without fear of consequences. He questioned what comfort government statements bring to grieving families and parents now afraid to send their children to school.
Atiku also raised concerns over reports that attempts were being made to prevent images and reports of the attacks from circulating publicly. He said any effort to suppress evidence of the violence instead of addressing the killings would amount to a serious failure of leadership. He added that Nigerians deserve a government that protects lives and acts before tragedies happen, rather than responding after the damage has already been done.

No comments:
Post a Comment